How to Pay LBT Tax
Dealers, once you have your LBT registration number, it’s time to pay the LBT for the month of April, 2013. Following details will guide you on how to pay the LBT tax
a) Prepare a list of all the items (commodity) you are dealing in and are mentioned in the schedule B of the LBT rules, write sum of gross value for the month (of the imported goods) against each item (commodity).
Another option to prepare a list is, you download the ‘standard rate list’ with item code in Excel format from our website, pmc.mahalbt.com and enter values against the relevant items
Registration No: Challan for the month of:
|Commodity||Total gross value for the month|
b) Next you should prepare / get the LBT system generated Challan: (See ‘How to Prepare a Challan’ section)
c) Make payment of LBT tax against the challan prepared at step (b). (See ‘How to Make Payment’ section)
How to Prepare a Challan:
1) If you have the username, password for online transaction:
1.1. Login to PMC LBT system (pmc.mahalbt.com) and select the ‘eChallan’ option.
1.2. Type your LBT registration number and select from date, to date for the challan.
1.3. Next you can enter the amount against the description ‘Local Body Tax’ (row 8 on the Challan details) and go to step 1.8 Or You can enter the item/commodity wise details of the LBT by clicking on ‘LBT Calculator’ and follow the steps given below.
1.4. On the next screen, To select the items, either type the item code as given in the ‘standard rate list’ template or type first few characters of the item in the search field to get the list of matching items and select the exact item for which you want to pay the LBT tax.
1.5. Enter the total net value of the item.
1.6. System will calculate the tax based on the LBT rate for the item.
1.7. Similarly enter all the items and arrive at total LBT tax liability. You need not have to complete the list in one session. Take you time to complete the list and recheck the entered values. You can save the partial list anytime and complete the list again after some time. Use ‘Save’ button to save the partial list. Use’ My Challans’ option from the welcome page to edit the challan and the item list any number of times till you pay the challan.
1.8. In case, you are dealing in large number of items/commodities, an upload file facility has been provided. Download the standard rate list, make the relevant changes and upload the file using the link provided on the ‘LBT Calculator’ screen.
1.9. Once you press ’Save’ button you will come back to main challan screen. Click on ‘Save button to get the challan. Print the challan if you are not paying online.
1.10. If you are going to pay the LBT tax either by Cash / Pay Order / DD or online, see the instructions in ‘How to make Payment’ section.
2) If you have not applied for online access, go to nearest PMC ward office or to the listed branches of the associated banks and ask for LBT system generated Challan. Handover the list of items to Our Officers/Bank employees and they will generate the challan for you and handover the prints to you.
You can pay the LBT tax against the challan in the listed branches of the associated banks either by Cash / Pay Order / DD / RTGS / NEFT see the instructions in ‘How to make Payment’ section.
How to Make Payment:
1) To pay by Cash / DD /Pay order:
1.1) You must have the printout of the challan prepared as per the instructions in the section ‘How to Prepare Challan’ section above.
1.2) Prepare Cheques / DD / Pay Order in the name of Pune Corporation LBT or Municipal Corporation of the city Pune LBT and should be payable at Pune.
1.3) Take the printout of challan and the cheque / DD / Pay Order or cash to listed branches of the associated banks to pay the taxes.
1.4) You will get the receipt and the stamped / signed copy of the challan from the bank.
1.5) This will complete the process of Paying the LBT tax. Follow the same procedure every time you want to pay the LBT tax.
2) To pay online using debit/credit cards, by Net Banking or by RTGS / NEFT: (This facility is not available currently but will be available soon)
This facility is available to you if you have the username, password for online transaction.
After generating the challan as per the instructions in ‘How to prepare a Challan’ section above (after step 1.8), you should see the ‘Make Payment’ and ‘RTGS / NEFT’ button /link at the bottom of the challan.
To know more about how to do to RTGS or NEFT transaction, visit one of the listed banks in banks list.
Debit / Credit / Net Banking Online Payment:
1. Select ‘Make Payment’ button/link
2. On the next screen, system will ask you to choose the Payment Gateway between ICICI bank and HDFC bank. Select any one.
3. On the next screen you should see list of all the associated banks. Pick up your bank from the list to use the payment interface of your bank.
4. Follow the instructions on the screen as per your bank’s payment interface and pay the LBT tax.
5. If the transaction is successful you should get the receipt number from the LBT system or else all such failed transactions are reversed by banks in next couple of days.
6. You can print the challan / receipt of this transaction by selecting ‘My Portfolio’ option from the left side menu in your login.
RTGS / NEFT Payment: (This facility is not available currently but will be available soon)
1. Select ‘RTGS / NEFT’ button/link
2. On the next screen enter the relevant details and a UTR number mentioned on the counter slip given by the bank for the RTGS / NEFT transaction.
3. Save the details.
4. You can print the challan / receipt of this transaction by selecting ‘My Portfolio’ option from the left side menu in your login. The receipt will be generated only after the approval from the bank so it may take 3-4 days to complete the transaction.